Road Trip Day 18 - 2007-08-06

Check out the pictures I took today:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10306971@N03/sets/72157601276400811/

Today I got up at 7:30 so I could get a nice, early start on my long drive to San Francisco. Checking out was a huge hassle, because I had expected to recieve a discount to the room for playing poker, but it turns out the employee who had informed me of this was incorrect: MGM Poker Room play could not be used for a discount at NY NY (even though they are both owned by MGM-Mirage). After much running around from the NY NY Player's Club booth to the MGM Poker Room to the NY NY front desk, I finally got it worked out. They had made a mistake and were giving me a discount. It wasn't quite as large of a discount as I had been told, but after wasting an hour chasing it down I was happy to have anything to show for it.

At 9:15, I finally hit the road. The drive was pretty easy with nice weather and no traffic. I stopped at a small town named Tehachapi in California for some lunch. There was a nice little place named The Apple Shed where I had a turkey sandwich with bacon, apples, avocado, and lettuce on a toasted sourdough bread. It was quite tasty! I asked that they not toast the bread too much since I had burnt the roof of my mouth eating some lasagna the day before. Indeed, it was toasted to perfection and buttered, which softened it up a bit, though it made your hands greasy to eat it.

The rest of the drive was uneventful. There was some picturesque scenery on the drive, so check out the pictures. I like the rolling hills and such.

When I got to Paul's at around 7:00, we went out to a Thai place for dinner. We sat outside since the weather was nice and had some good food. Next, since Paul was driving his aunt's car which he has to return tomorrow, we went to get it washed. Unfortunately, the car wash was closed. We stopped by the Walgreens nearby to pick up some stuff, but I noticed I no longer had my credit card! Presumably, I had left it at the restaurant, so we headed back there. Found it!

Then, we headed back to Paul's place to play some Wii. Paul showed a natural aptitude for Tennis, though not so much on Baseball. Since he had to work tomorrow, he decided to head to sleep. He's staying over at his girlfriends place, and I'm staying at his place. Both he and his roommate have a cat, which appear to be of the variety to which I am allergic, so I've been sniffling and sneezing since I've been here. I'm going to pick up some Claritin tomorrow. For some reason, my left eye is all red, probably got some cat hair or dander in there. See the photos if you dare! If it isn't better by tomorrow I'm going to have to go to a doctor.

2 comments:

Makar said...

Brian, I'm hungry :( I miss you

Unknown said...

Umm....that photo of the eye is incredibly creepy. I wish you hadn't dared me to look at it.