Road Trip Day 7 - 2007-07-26

Check out pictures from today here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10306971@N03/sets/72157601030856848/

Today I slept in till 1:00 again. At least this time I had an excuse, since we stayed up till 4:00 last night. I met Jacob for lunch at Central BBQ, which was awesome. Though we got absolutely drenched in the rain though just walking 10 steps to our car, it was raining so hard. Luckily it cleared up later in the afternoon.

I came back to Jacob's place, put the buttons on the sweater, and steamed it into the correct shape. Photos tomorrow when I give it to Justin's baby! I hung out for a bit and played some Wii until Jacob got off work.

We decided to meet up with Lesley, a good friend of mine from high school, for dinner. We've stayed in touch, but haven't actually seen each other in something like 7 years, so it was cool to see her again. I also got to meet her boyfriend, Morgan, who I've heard quite a bit about.

We went out to dinner at Huey's, a family owned chain around the Memphis area. I got a Philly cheese steak, which was quite tasty. Customers there have a tradition of shooting tier toothpicks at the ceiling by using their straws as a blowgun. Quite eager not to fail at this task, I took a practice shot at my hand. That wasn't such a good idea, it didn't break the skin, but it hurt a bit. Morgan and I both got one to stick up there, which was quite satisfying. It will take all my restraint not to do this at every opportunity that presents itself.

Jacob and I returned to his place to play some Mario Party.

No comments: